🍃 Why Our Salon Has Moved To Natural/ Organic Products 🍃
Our world is changing quickly and environmentally-wise, not in a positive direction.
In our salons, we are witnessing more and more dogs with health challenges- from compromised skin issues to auto-immune illnesses and even cancer.
I have been in this business for 18 years, and when I started, it was rare to hear of dogs with a Cancer diagnosis; flash forward to the present, and it seems to be dramatically more prevalent.
I also have a personal reason for advocating natural products.
In 2011, I was diagnosed with breast cancer due to a hormonal imbalance.
Through education, I discovered many hormonal imbalances are due to a disrupted endocrine system. Our endocrine systems are disrupted when we are exposed to various chemicals that mimic our healthy hormones.
Our fragile systems are influenced not only by genetics but also environmental factors.
Remember, skin's most important role (on animals and humans) is the first line of defence between our bodies and the world we live in. It protects us and helps to keep us healthy.
The following is a list of reasons why I feel natural products are so important to your health and business:
- Dogs and cats cannot shampoo themselves- any product used on our pets also comes into contact with our skin.
- Many groomers suffer from red, sore, cracked hands and mild or moderate to severe dermatitis. Natural shampoos/ products can eliminate this.
- Chemically, artificial products upset the fragile balance of our world and cause disruption, damage, and pollution to our environment, ourselves, and pets. Using natural products aids in the salvation of our environment.
- Natural products promote healthy, hydrated skin and coat, whereas chemical-containing shampoos can cause dry, itchy, scaly skin with poor hair quality and lack of moisture and shine.
- Many dog owners are incredibly conscientious of what goes into their dog in the form of foods and are on board with healthier skin and coat alternatives.
- Keeping my furry clientele and staff safe and healthy is essential to me!
But Natural Products Are More Expensive...How Can You Afford Using Optimal Products In Your Salon? 🤷♀️
Unfortunately, natural products tend to be more costly due to the superior ingredients and the safe manufacturing practices.
Our clientele is consistent throughout the year, and we are fortunate we rarely (if ever) have slow periods- even in the winter months.
It's crucial, as a business, to provide outstanding services through consistency and excellent results.
Using products and techniques that delight our clients is vital to our business model.
Our Salon's Two-System Natural Product Offer 🌱
We love providing options for our clients.
At ZZG our grooming options (or add-ons) can include de-shedding, nail grinding, dental treatment, upgraded ear flush, cucumber melon facials, and paw treatments; we offer all of these as single options or as a price-reduced bundle.
Providing options allows the client to design the service their pet experiences.
We are now providing options for our coat and skincare packages.
Our Salon offers two coat care options.
Option #1 - the WildWash Package offers incredible, all-natural results that benefit the health of both the pets in our salons and the groomers. This option is our #1 go-to and is provided to all pets.
Option #2- the Doglyness Package is our premium offer. Clients requesting this upgraded option add a fee to their service. The Doglyness is the "Mercedes" of coat care products, and the results are undeniable.
The dog's coat and size determine the add-on price for the Doglyness. Our add-on prices range from $8- $20+.
How Do We Educate Our Clients About Our Coat Care Options? 👩🏫
- We educate them upon intake and outtake of their pets about the benefits of natural products.
- We share information in our social media and monthly newsletters.
- We offer our loyal clients a one-time FREE Doglyness Difference Experience, and upon seeing the results, they can determine if they want to include this add-on in future appointments.
Either way- with WildWash or Doglyness, I am confident the dogs, cats and staff members are using beneficial products that will promote health and vitality.
And the best part of this is our clients are delighted because they love the results, consistency, and coat and skin benefits.
What We Look For With Organic / Natural Products 🍃🌿
A full ingredients list which confirms that the products contain:
- no parabens
- palm oils or PEGs.
- 100% pure essential oils
- organic ingredients
And none of their products have been tested on animals.
NOTE: many of the above ingredients/ chemicals are scientifically documented to negatively affect our endocrine systems and hormonal balance.
How To Improve Your Bottom Line So You Can Use The Most Healthiest Products In Your Business 💰
1. Add it to your service fees OR create an upsell option as we did.
2. Do you have retail?
Our retail area at Zoom Zoom Groom is minimal because we are at capacity in our building.
In saying this, I'm always amazed at how much this little area contributes to balancing my budget.
This small retail area provides my business with essential income and helps me provide top products and services to my clientele.
Never underestimate the power of retail for your clients!
My goal for retail revenue is to assist with consumable costs- shampoos, conditioners, coat sprays, styptic powder, ear cleaner, etc.
If you wonder how to upgrade your shampoos etc., for higher quality results and health benefits, selling retail can help you reach this goal.
Please reach out and ask how The ZZG Grooming Store can help you with your retail offerings.